Per accedere alla nostra cantina ed alla nostra sala degustazioni, sarà necessario prendere visione obbligatoriamente dell’INFORMATIVA CLIENTI in relazione al COVID19.
To access our cellar and our tasting room it will be necessary to view the CUSTOMER INFORMATION in relation to the COVID19.
Der Besuch unserer Weinkellerei und unseres Degustationssaals setzt voraus, dass die KUNDENINFORMATIONEN zu COVID-19 zur Kenntnis genommen wurden.
Sfursat di Valtellina DOCG
It is the oldest of the Valtellina wines. Ortensio Lando around 1540 was one of the first to cite it and documents attest that as early as 1300 the Sforzato, the Italianized outcome of the dialect word Sfursat was produced and intended for purely family use and was often administered by the spoonful as a restorative medicine during diseases. Today, Sfursat is the most well-known and noble wine of Valtellina. The not too long shriveling of the Nebbiolo grapes (locally Chiavennasca) and the aging in barriques confer an intense aroma of morello-cherry in alcohol and a very warm taste at first glance, with a soft tannin and good acidity. Find a perfect size combined with rich game dishes or as a meditation wine paired with dark chocolate
In case of bad weather we have ready solutions to protect your purchase or refund you
- Grape variety
- Nebbiolo (Chiavennasca) 100%
- Production area
- Sondrio and Berbenno di Valtellina
- Yield per hectare
- 85 quintals
- First ten days of october exclusively in boxes
- Sugar content
- 24 °babo degrees
- Alcohol content
- 16 % vol
- Total acidity
- 5,9 g/L
- Residual sugar
- 33,5 g/L
- After tow months drying in the fruit larder, the grapes are vinified with a submerged cap fermentation for about 30 days, with subsequent malolactic fermentation
- 24 months in new barriques and tonneaux
- Intense ruby red
- Fruity with hints of morello cherry, blueberries, strawberries and black currants. There are also pleasantly spicy notes
- Dry at first glance and very hot, but with soft tannins and good acidity
- Food pairings
- Excellent with rich dishes based on game, blue and spicy cheeses. At the end of the meal it can be enjoyed with dark chocolate desserts.
- Serving conditions
- To open just before serving and serve in a balloon at 18 °C. Also available in 1,5 L
Where to find our products
Find out the closest point where to find this productBuy in the closest store