Per accedere alla nostra cantina ed alla nostra sala degustazioni, sarà necessario prendere visione obbligatoriamente dell’INFORMATIVA CLIENTI in relazione al COVID19.
To access our cellar and our tasting room it will be necessary to view the CUSTOMER INFORMATION in relation to the COVID19.
Der Besuch unserer Weinkellerei und unseres Degustationssaals setzt voraus, dass die KUNDENINFORMATIONEN zu COVID-19 zur Kenntnis genommen wurden.
Sfursat di Valtellina DOCG
This is the oldest of the Valtellina wines. In around 1540 Ortensio Lando, an Italian philosopher and humanist, was one of the first to talk about it. Documents also show that as early as the 1300’s the Sforzato (which is the Italian version of the dialect word Sfursat) was produced and intended purely for family use and was often administered by the spoonful as a restorative medicine during diseases. Today, Sfursat is the most well-known and noble wine of Valtellina. The partially dried Nebbiolo grapes and the aging in barriques (barrels reserved for fine wine) confer an intense aroma of morello-cherry in alcohol and a very warm initial taste, with a soft tannin and good acidity. A perfect wine for combining with rich game dishes or, when paired with dark chocolate, a wine to relax with
In case of bad weather we have ready solutions to protect your purchase or refund you
- Grape variety
- Nebbiolo (Chiavennasca)
- Production area
- Sondrio and Berbenno di Valtellina
- Yield per hectare
- 85 quintals
- First ten days of october exclusively in boxes
- Sugar content
- 24 babo
- Alcohol content
- 16.5 % vol
- Total acidity
- 5.74 g/L
- Residual sugar
- 1.3 g/L
- 35.2 g/L
- After two months drying in the fruit larder, the grapes are vinified with a submerged cap fermentation for about 30 days, with subsequent malolactic fermentation
- At least 24 months in oak barrels
- Intense ruby red
- Fruity with hints of morello cherry, blueberries, strawberries and black currants. There are also pleasantly spicy notes
- Dry at first glance and very hot, but with soft tannins and good acidity
- Food pairings
- Excellent with rich dishes based on game, blue and spicy cheeses. At the end of the meal it can be enjoyed with dark chocolate desserts.
- Serving conditions
- To open just before serving and serve in a balloon at 18 °C. Also available in 1,5 L size
Where to find our products
Find out the closest point where to find this productBuy in the closest store